Tuesday, November 30, 2010

She's here!!!

Welcome to the world Reese Hannah Wentrcek!!



Baby Wentrcek has arrived, and IT'S A GIRL!!! Reese Hannah Wentrcek came into the world exactly on time, on her due date, November 4, 2010 at 6:07am. She weighed 6lbs, 7oz, and was 19 inches long. She's perfectly healthy and happy! We just love her so much already and can't wait to watch her grow into a beautiful lady!

This is how the birth of Reese all went down:

I started having contractions around 9am at school on Wednesday, November 3rd...I wasn't too sure what they were (gas??) but started timing them anyway. I sent Wyatt an email to let him know what was going on, and he got all kinds of excited! I saved his emails because they were just so cute! At this point, I still wasn't sure if I was actually in labor or not. They were only lasting for 30 seconds or so and were about 15 minutes apart, so I wasn't too worried. I just kept teaching right along in between contractions. I'd just stop talking for a little bit and then when it passed, pick right back up again. For some reason, the kids didn't even notice!! Maybe they weren't paying attention anyway haha! I called my mom to let her know what was going on so she could get to Houston in time if I was in fact in labor. Then at around 1:45, my principal heard that I was having contractions and came down to my room and sent me home. I was super bummed that I had to leave. I just knew that if I went home, things would slow down and/or I'd just start getting nervous about having a baby! Plus, I had a few things I could have gotten straightened up/ready for my sub in my classroom. Anyway, I went home, Wyatt came home, and then around 5:00 my mom got to town. We just sat around, and my contractions got farther and farther apart. I finally went to bed around 10:00 when the contractions were about 40 minutes apart...I was not happy!! Then about 10:30 or so, they really kicked in full force! Wyatt and I timed them in bed, and around 1:00 decided it was time to head to the hospital seeing as I couldn't tell when one would stop and the next would start! When we got to the hospital, I was already dilated to a 6, and the nurse said I'd have a baby by 5:30 or 6:00 that morning! I was shocked! Things really moved fast then. I was placed in a room, and by 4:00 was fully dilated. At 4:17 my water broke, and I pushed for almost 2 hours. Reese came into the world at 6:07am!!! Wyatt and I were so happy to be able to have her with absolutely no medication at all! The epidural was scarier to me than childbirth, so I was glad I didn't have to go through that! :o)

Reese is sleeping and eating so well...we couldn't have asked for a better baby! Wyatt and I are actually getting some good sleep in between feedings at night, so we haven't been too too terribly sleep deprived! However, waking up a few times a night has quickly become our new normal! Reese enjoyed her first Thanksgiving at Uncle Garrett and Aunt Vern's...she basically slept the entire time, but we enjoyed passing her around and loving on her. We also loved watching the Aggies BTHO tu!! Since Reese has been in the world, the Aggies haven't lost a game....Wyatt has decided that she's a good luck charm! She sported her maroon every Saturday and cheered on the Aggies in Wyatt's arms! She has been in our lives for a little over 3 weeks and we can't believe how much joy she's brought to our lives already! We are so excited to be starting this adventure together! Here are a few pictures of our little lady!


1 comment: